About Pin Oak Foundation, INC.
Pin Oak Foundation, Inc. was created by passionate individuals who have a love for youth and the outdoors. We believe in continuing the heritage of outdoor recreation and strengthening experiential outdoor educational opportunities for youth in our region. Pin Oak Foundation, Inc. was formed as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization in 2018 as a vehicle to support outdoor educational activities for non-profit youth programs within the Adams and Pike County areas of Illinois and surrounding counties.
Why Support Outdoor Education?
Research has proven that time spent outside benefits the lives of children –
- Reduces Youth Anxiety and Depression
- Improves Attention Spans of Youth
- Contributes Positively to Youth Social & Emotional Development
- Improves Academic Performance
- Develops a Sense of Place and Pride in their Community
- Provides Experiential Opportunities for Youth from all Socio-Economic Backgrounds
Would you like to help?
We believe that experiential learning in the outdoors builds resilient youth and, in turn, creates a stronger community. To support outdoor education, consider donating to Pin Oak Foundation, Inc. today.